Instantly bring an old or condemned fireplace to life with this beautiful built in firebox. The patented life-like flame effect, hand finished LED inner glow logs and pulsating embers brings this fireplace to life and will add comfort, style and ambiance to any room.
Flame technology: Our patented flame technology creates a truly realistic fireplace, giving the fire its depth and dancing flame that you will only find with Dimplex®.
Supplemental heat: Includes a powerful fan-forced heater designed to heat a room up to 400 square feet, providing supplemental heat when required.
Realistic log set: Dimplex® fireplace logs are hand crafted and molded from real wood logs, offering an incredibly realistic log set.
Year-round comfort: Enjoy the ambiance of the flame with or without the heater for year-round comfort and enjoyment.
The Original Dimplex Flame Effect™
A blend of technology, artistry and craftsmanship that sets the standard for realism.
Patented Inner Glow Logs
Individually molded and hand-finished logs pulse and glow from within for the look of natural burning logs.
Option to use 240 volt supply for up to 9,200 BTU - use as part of primary heating plan.
Wired, Seamless Design
Designed for built-in installations wired directly to a dedicated circuit for a clean, custom appearance (Optional plug kit available).
Ideal for public spaces in commercial installations; meets the strictest building codes.
Provides the appearance of a brick firebox for added authenticity.
Enjoy the unique charm of a fireplace 365 days a year using the flames without the heat.
Economical to operate costing only pennies per hour.*
Low Carbon Footprint
The most sustainable fireplace option; no emissions and 100% efficient.
Glass remains cool making it safe for any location and any user.
Product Finish Black
Product Height (in) 39
Product Depth/Length (cm) 39.07
Product Width(cm) 99.06
Product Width(in) 44.75
Product Height (cm) 83.06
Product Weight (kg) 39.46
Remote Control No
Built-in Thermostat No
Automatic Shut-Off Yes
Power Source Electric
Warranty 2 Yr Limited
Owner’s Manual PDF
Service Manual PDF
Installation Guide PDF
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are Dimplex fireplaces expensive to operate?
No! Dimplex fireplaces operate for pennies a day. The flame uses slightly under 300 Watts of power. With an average electricity rate, the unit operates for a remarkable 3¢ per hour providing all the warmth, ambiance and romance of a fireplace. When you choose to activate the heat feature along with the flame, the unit uses approximately 1500 Watts. The total cost to operate the flame and heater is approximately 8 ¢ per hour (gas fireplace manufacturers regularly advertise running costs of 17¢ per hour)! Electricity rates vary. 8 ¢ per hour based on heater cycling at 50%.
Can a Dimplex fireplace be easily relocated?
Yes! Unlike gas fireplaces, which require venting fuel pipelines, a Dimplex fireplace just needs to be unplugged! When you need a change you can move it to a different room and when you move to a new home you can take your investment with you.
Will a Dimplex fireplace provide warmth and comfort in any room - large or small?
Dimplex fireplaces distribute a warm, gentle, even heat over a wide area by means of a silent fan-forced heater. It will produce about 5115 BTU of total heat.* So, working in conjunction with the home's primary heating system, Dimplex fireplaces are capable of taking the chill off just about any size room when required. *Most gas fireplaces produce over 20,000 BTU of heat in a single room while the average size home requires only 90,000 BTU to heat the entire house.
The flame looks so real. How does it work?
Dimplex has developed a patented technology which provides a realistic, wood-burning flame.
Will the Dimplex flame operate without heat?
Yes! The Dimplex flame and heater operate independently of each other. This means you can enjoy the ambiance of a realistic flame all year round! In many gas units, the flame cycles off as the room temperature rises and you lose the flame effect until the room cools down again. In smaller rooms, gas fireplaces can be off a lot of the time and in the warmer climates they may not come on at all unless the thermostat is set higher than the room temperature.
Can the flame be adjusted?
Yes. Dimplex fireplaces have controls that allow you to adjust the background light and speed of the flame to create an ambiance to suit any mood.
Can I set my fireplace up myself?
Many of our electric fireplace models simply plug into standard 120-volt outlets, but other units require more complicated installation that include hard-wiring. Dimplex fireplaces do not require any venting pipelines for fuel, but your installation plans may include building out a mantle for your firebox. Keep your skill level in mind when purchasing an electric fireplace, consider working with a local installer to get the focal point of your dreams – done correctly!
Where can I put a Dimplex fireplace?
You can put a Dimplex fireplace in just about any indoor area as long as it is clean and dry. Whether you want to add ambiance to your living room, family room, bedroom, kitchen, foyer or dining room, as long as there's an outlet, there's no problem! Dimplex fireplaces are perfect for single family homes, condominiums, apartments, mobile homes or cottages.
Are Dimplex fireplace safe?
Dimplex fireplaces have full electrical certification throughout North America for complete peace of mind. To ensure the safety of your family members, no combustible energy sources are used to produce the flame. This means that you never need to worry about oxygen depletion or carbon monoxide poisoning in your home. The glass remains cool to the touch to ensure children don't burn their hands on the glass. It also does not contribute to indoor moisture or mold concerns. Other features include impact resistant safety glass and safety cut out with reset controls.
Can I change the media in my wall mounted fireplace?
If the wall mounted fireplace you purchased has loose media such as glass pieces, stones or river rock, you can choose to replace this media with something else of your choosing. In order to ensure proper operation of the unit, please make sure the alternative media you choose is the same weight as the original media provided and that you are not using anything fine (such as sand) or liquid as it could get into the inner components and render the unit inoperable.
Can I put my TV over my fireplace?
It is always recommended that you check with the television manufacturer for any restrictions prior to installing your Dimplex fireplace to ensure all restrictions are met.
Two Year Limited Warranty
Products to which this limited warranty applies
This limited warranty applies to the following models of your newly purchased Dimplex electric fireplace BF45DXP, BF39DXP, BF39STP, BF33DXP, BF33STP and to newly purchased Dimplex fireplace surrounds (mantels) and trims. This limited warranty applies only to purchases made in any province of Canada except for Yukon Territory, Nunavut, or Northwest Territories or in any of the 50 States of the USA (and the District of Columbia) except for Hawaii and Alaska. This limited warranty applies to the original purchaser of the product only and is not transferable.
Products excluded from this limited warranty
Light bulbs are not covered by this limited warranty and are the sole responsibility of the owner/purchaser. Products purchased in Yukon Territory, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Hawaii, or Alaska are not covered by this limited warranty. Products purchased in these States, provinces, or territories are sold AS IS without warranty or condition of any kind (including, without limitation, any implied warranties or conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) and the entire risk of as to the quality and performance of the products is with the purchaser, and in the event of a defect the purchaser assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.
What this limited warranty covers and for how long
Products, other than fireplace surrounds (mantels) and trims, covered by this limited warranty have been tested and inspected prior to shipment. Subject to the provisions of this warranty, Glen Dimplex Americas Ltd. (herein called Glen Dimplex Americas) warrants such products to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of the first purchase of such products as follows: (a) a repair or replacement warranty on defective products or parts, including in-home services, for the first year following the date of first purchase; and (b) thereafter, a replacement of parts warranty on defective products and parts (with no in-home services) for the 1 year period commencing on the first anniversary of first purchase and ending on the second anniversary of the date of first purchase.
Glen Dimplex Americas fireplace surrounds (mantels) and trims covered by this limited warranty have been tested and inspected prior to shipment and, subject to the provisions of this warranty, Glen Dimplex Americas warrants such products to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of first purchase of such products. Warranty services do not include in-home services.
The limited 2 year warranty period for products other than fireplace surrounds (mantels) and trims and the limited 1 year warranty period for fireplace surrounds (mantels) and trims also applies to any implied warranties that may exist under applicable law. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to the purchaser.
What this limited warranty does not cover
This limited warranty does not apply to products that have been repaired (except by Glen Dimplex Americas or its authorized service representatives) or otherwise altered. This limited warranty does further not apply to defects resulting from misuse, abuse, accident, neglect, incorrect installation, improper maintenance or handling, or operation with an incorrect power source.
What you must do to get service under this limited warranty
Defects must be brought to the attention of Technical Service at 1-888-346-7539. Please have proof of purchase, catalog/ model and serial numbers available when calling. Limited warranty service requires a proof of purchase of the product.
What Glen Dimplex Americas will do in the event of a defect
In the event a product or part covered by this limited warranty is proven to be defective in material or workmanship during (i) the 2 year limited warranty period for products other than fireplace surrounds (mantels) and trims, and (ii) the 1 year limited warranty period for surrounds (mantels) and trims, you have the following rights:
- Limited warranty service will be performed solely by dealers or service agents of Glen Dimplex Americas authorized to provide limited warranty services.
- For products (other than surrounds (mantels) and trims) for the period ending at midnight on the first anniversary of the date of first purchase, Glen Dimplex Americas will in its sole discretion either repair or replace such defective product or part without charge. If Glen Dimplex Americas is unable to repair or replace such product or part, or if repair or replacement is not commercially practicable or cannot be timely made, Glen Dimplex Americas may, in lieu of repair or replacement, choose to refund the purchase price for such product or part. This limited warranty entitles the purchaser to on-site or in-home warranty services. Accordingly, Glen Dimplex Americas will be responsible for all labor and transportation costs associated with the repair or replacement of the product or part except as follows: (i) charges may be levied for travel costs incurred to travel to the purchaser’s site where the product is located if the purchaser’s site is beyond 30 miles (48 km) from the closest service depot of Glen Dimplex Americas dealer or service agent; and (ii) the purchaser is solely responsible for providing clear access to all serviceable parts of the product.
- For products (other than surrounds (mantels) and trims) for the period commencing at 12:01 a.m. on the day after the first anniversary of the first purchase and ending at midnight on the second anniversary of the date of first purchase, this limited warranty entitles the purchaser to replacement parts only without charge. If Glen Dimplex Americas is unable to replace such part, or if replacement is not commercially practicable or cannot be timely made, Glen Dimplex Americas may, in lieu of replacement, choose to refund the purchase price for such part. The purchaser shall not be entitled to on-site or in-home warranty services. The purchaser shall be responsible for all expenses incurred for the removal of the part and installation of the replacement part including, without limitation, all shipping costs and transportation costs to and from the authorized dealer’s or service agent’s place of business and all labor costs. Such costs shall not be the responsibility of Glen Dimplex Americas.
- For surrounds (mantels) and trims for the period ending at midnight on the first anniversary of the date of first purchase, Glen Dimplex Americas will in its sole discretion either repair or replace such defective surrounds (mantels) and trims or part thereof without charge. If Glen Dimplex Americas is unable to repair or replace such product or part, or if repair or replacement is not commercially practicable or cannot be timely made, Glen Dimplex Americas may, in lieu of repair or replacement, choose to refund the purchase price for such product or part. The purchaser shall not be entitled to on-site or in-house services. The purchaser is responsible for all expenses incurred for repair or replacement of such product or part including, without limitation, all shipping costs and transportation costs to and from the authorized dealer’s or service agent’s business and all labor costs. Such costs shall not be the responsibility of Glen Dimplex Americas.
- On-site or in-home services not provided under this warranty may be performed at the purchaser’s specific request and expense at Glen Dimplex Americas then-current rates for such services.
What Glen Dimplex Americas and its dealers and service agents are also not responsible for:
IN NO EVENT WILL GLEN DIMPLEX AMERICAS, OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO THE PURCHASER OR ANY THIRD PARTY. WHETHER IN CONTRACT, IN TORT, OR ON ANY OTHER BASIS, FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL LOSS, COST, OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE, MAINTENANCE, USE, OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, EVEN IF GLEN DIMPLEX AMERICAS OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OR AGENTS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES, COSTS OR DAMAGES, OR IF SUCH LOSSES, COSTS, OR DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT WILL GLEN DIMPLEX AMERICAS, OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT LOSSES, COSTS, OR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO THE PURCHASER.
How State and Provincial law apply
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The provisions of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the Sale of Goods shall not apply to this limited warranty or the sale of products covered by this limited warranty.