The e-MatriX series offers the best of Faber, focused on the future. You don’t have a gas connection in your house and you don't want a gas or a wood fire? With an e-MatriX fire you can enjoy the unique Faber flame effect. Our unique three-dimensional technology creates an utterly realistic flame effect and you can lose yourself in Faber's flames, even with an electric fire. Astonishing fire... from water!
The innovative Faber e-MatriX uses water to create true three dimensional flames. This patented technology creates the ultimate sustainable, four-season fireplace that can located virtually anywhere, without the need for venting.
A Faber electric fireplaces delivers a natural environment yet doesn't use fuel or emit any emissions. Enjoy carefree operation virtually anywhere - your home, office, commercial or hospitality spaces. Electric fireplaces are suitable for almost any space and do not require major renovations to install. Discover the future of electric with a Faber e-MatriX.
The wonderful feel of a burning log fire. The place where you can relax, meet, recharge your batteries and share. When a gas fire or wood stove is impossible or undesirable, or for those who prefer “individual design” and specific choices, Faber has the new e-MatriX; Astonishing fire... from water. Fire for anybody, anywhere.
To add a sense of realism to the finished look, the e-MatriX comes with a charred log set. The combination of the vapor flames dancing through the logs with the illusion of loose embers creates an authentic experience.
Do a little work now to save you more work later. Hard plumb the water connection to provide consistent water flow.
Let the pulsating lights beneath the logs dazzle and shine through for a lifelike burning effect.
To please even more senses, the e-MatriX makes an impact with sounds of a crackling fire.
Realistic charred log set to maximize the illusion of depth and the appearance of burning firewood. Combine with loose embers for a custom display.
Hard plumbed to provide consistent water flow.
Provides a pulsating burn on logs for a truly lifelike effect.
Provides the soothing sounds of fire crackling.
Rear Wall Steel
Provides a solid dark interior finish.
Uses Bluetooth wireless technology to control all fireplace features from the comfort of your chair.
Product Finish Black
Product Depth/Length (cm) 56.52
Product Depth/Length (in) 22.25
Product Width(cm) 99.38
Product Width(in) 39.125
Product Height (cm) 95.89
Product Height (in) 37.75
Product Weight (kg) 136.96
Product Weight (lbs.) 302
Remote Control Yes
Built-in Thermostat No
Automatic Shut-Off No
Power Source Electric
Warranty 2 Yr Limited
Owner’s Manual PDF
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Which cleaning product can I use to clean the windows of my fire safely and properly?
To remove fingerprints or other marks, the exterior finish can be cleaned with a damp cloth with a mild detergent. The surface should be completely dried with a lint free cloth to prevent water spots.
The flame effect on my e-Matrix is producing too much smoke, why?
- The flame effect control setting may be set too low. Click the larger flame icon to increase the flame effect. Once the highest flame setting is reached the unit will beep.
- Make sure that both transducer wires are properly connected.
- The transducer that is located in the base of the sump may be dirty or faulty. See maintenance instructions for a step-by-step procedure. If this does not correct the problem, then a new transducer would be required.
Does my e-MatriX require any air intake?
Yes, see your owner's manual for air intake specifications.
What kind of water can be used in my e-MatriX?
The e-MatriX can be used with regular, warm (35c/95f) tap water. If you live in a region with hard water, it is recommended that you use soft, distilled or reverse osmosis water.
Will the e-Matrix raise the humidity/add moisture into the room?
Running the e-Matrix is equivalent to adding 2 people to the room (approximately 300mL/hr).
Are there any steps to prevent potential health effects of water/moisture being placed into the air?
Yes, the plastic components found in the engine that come in contact with the water before, and during the misting process are designed with an anti-microbial additive to prevent the growth of bacteria; keeping the fine water mist safe, and free of any harmful bacteria.
Regular maintenance is still required. Refer to your owners' manual for cleaning specifications.
Can I mount a TV above the fireplace feature?
TV's can be mounted at any height above the e-MatriX unit. Note: Long-term tests with TV's have not been conducted.
How much does it cost to run the e-MatriX?
Using the national average of 15.21 cents for kW/hr, the e-MatriX costs approximately $0.04/hr, with the addition of water costs. Note: electricity costs will vary depending on your region.
Can I install any type of material around the unit and will the moisture affect it?
The moisture will not affect the material you've chosen to surround your e-MatriX.
Can I install the e-MatriX outside?
No, the unit is certified for indoor use only.
What cleaning/maintenance is required?
To keep your Faber Fire in optimal working condition, we recommend a bi-weekly cleaning with soap and water of the top cover assembly, sump and transducer. Please refer to your owners' manual for detailed maintenance guidelines. Note: Do not use abrasive cleaners on the surface of the unit and do not put plastic components in a dishwasher.
Can I add scents to, or change the color of the flame effect?
The e-MatriX does not include a flame color theme option and it is not recommended that scents be added to your unit.
My e-MatriX has stopped working and the lights are blinking twice, what does this mean?
This is an indication that the unit has run out of water. If you have installed a shut-off valve on the water line for this unit. Ensure that the valve is open.
Is copper piping required for installation?
Both copper and PEX piping can be used as a main waterline supply. Please ensure that you are capable of splicing correctly into your main waterline.
1/4" flex tubing is required from the main supply line to the external control box.
Is a drain required for this unit?
No, the e-MatriX comes with all of the necessary parts to ensure that your product receives only the required amount of water.
Five Year Limited Warranty
Products to which this limited warranty applies
This limited warranty applies to your newly purchased Faber e-MatriX fireplace. This limited warranty applies only to purchases made in any province of Canada except for Yukon Territory, Nunavut, or Northwest Territories or in any of the 50 States of the USA (and the District of Columbia) except for Hawaii and Alaska. This limited warranty applies to the original purchaser of the product and is fully transferable to subsequent owners. This warranty should remain with the Faber e-MatriX fireplace so that subsequent owners will have access to this information. The information below must be presented along with the proof of purchase should any future warranty service be required.
- Address of Installation:
- (Number/Street/ City/ State/Prov Zip/Postal
- Model Number:
- Serial Number:
- Purchase Date:
- Place of Purchase:
Products excluded from this limited warranty
The fireplace is only covered for transportation to the end user and will not be covered if damage occurs during normal operation and/or maintenance. Products purchased in Yukon Territory, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Hawaii, or Alaska are not covered by this limited warranty. Products purchased in these States, Provinces, or Territories are sold AS IS without warranty or condition of any kind (including, without limitation, any implied warranties or conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) and the entire risk of as to the quality and performance of the products is with the purchaser, and in the event of a defect the purchaser assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.
What this limited warranty covers and for how long
Products covered by this limited warranty have been tested and inspected prior to shipment. Subject to the provisions of this warranty, Glen Dimplex Americas warrants such products to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 5 years from the date of the first purchase of such products as follows:
(a) repair or replacement warranty on defective products or parts, including in-home services, for the first year following the date of first purchase
(b) thereafter, a replacement of products and parts (with no in-home services) for the 1 year period commencing on the first anniversary of first purchase and ending on the second anniversary of the date of first purchase
(c) thereafter a repair or replacement warranty on defective glass and the fireplace chassis where perforation is visible (with no in-home service) for a 3 year period commencing on the second anniversary of the date of first purchase and ending on the fifth anniversary of the date of first purchase.
The limited 5 year warranty period for products also applies to any implied warranties that may exist under applicable law. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to the purchaser.
What this limited warranty does not cover This limited warranty does not apply to products that have been repaired (except by Glen Dimplex Americas or its authorized service representatives) or otherwise altered. This limited warranty does further not apply to defects resulting from misuse, abuse, accident, neglect, incorrect installation, improper maintenance or handling, or operation with an incorrect power source.
What you must do to get service under this limited warranty
Defects must be brought to the attention of Glen Dimplex Americas Technical Service by contacting Glen Dimplex Americas at 1-888-346-7539, or online at www.faberfire.com/customer_support. Please have proof of purchase, catalog/model and serial numbers available when calling. Limited warranty service requires a proof of purchase of the product.
What Glen Dimplex Americas will do in the event of a defect
In the event a product or part covered by this limited warranty is proven to be defective in material or workmanship during the 5 year limited warranty period, you have the following rights:
- Glen Dimplex Americas will in its sole discretion either repair or replace such defective product or part without charge. If Glen Dimplex Americas is unable to repair or replace such product or part, or if repair or replacement is not commercially practicable or cannot be timely made, Glen Dimplex Americas may, in lieu of repair or replacement, choose to refund the purchase price for such product or part.
- Limited warranty service will be performed solely by dealers or service agents of Glen Dimplex Americas authorized to provide limited warranty services.
- For the period ending at midnight on the first anniversary of the date of first purchase, Glen Dimplex Americas will in its sole discretion either repair or replace such defective product or part without charge. If Glen Dimplex Americas is unable to repair or replace such product or part, or if repair or replacement is not commercially practicable or cannot be timely made, Glen Dimplex Americas may, in lieu of repair or replacement, choose to refund the purchase price for such product or part. This limited warranty entitles the purchaser to onsite or in-home warranty services. Accordingly, Glen Dimplex Americas will be responsible for all labor and transportation costs associated with the repair or replacement of the product or part except as follows: (i) charges may be levied for travel costs incurred to travel to the purchaser’s site where the product is located if the purchaser’s site is beyond 30 miles (48 km) from the closest service depot of Glen Dimplex Americas' dealer or service agent; and (ii) the purchaser is solely responsible for providing clear access to all serviceable parts of the product.
- For the period commencing at 12:01 a.m. on the day after the first anniversary of the first purchase and ending at midnight on the second anniversary of the date of first purchase, this limited warranty entitles the purchaser to replacement parts only without charge. If Glen Dimplex Americas is unable to replace such part, or if replacement is not commercially practicable or cannot be timely made, Glen Dimplex Americas may, in lieu of replacement, choose to refund the purchase price for such part. The purchaser shall not be entitled to on-site or in-home warranty services. The purchaser shall be responsible for all expenses incurred for the removal of the part and installation of the replacement part including, without limitation, all shipping costs and transportation costs to and from the authorized dealer’s or service agent’s place of business and all labor costs. Such costs shall not be the responsibility of Glen Dimplex Americas.
- For the period commencing at 12:01 a.m. on the day after the second anniversary of the first purchase and ending at midnight on the fifth anniversary of the date of first purchase, this limited warranty entitles the purchaser to replacement parts of the glass and fireplace chassis only without charge. If Glen Dimplex Americas is unable to replace such part, or if replacement is not commercially practicable or cannot be timely made, Glen Dimplex Americas may, in lieu of replacement, choose to refund the purchase price for such part. The purchaser shall not be entitled to onsite or in-home warranty services. The purchaser shall be responsible for all expenses incurred for the removal of the part and installation of the replacement part including, without limitation, all shipping costs and transportation costs to and from the authorized dealer’s or service agent’s place of business and all labor costs. Such costs shall not be the responsibility of Glen Dimplex Americas.
What Glen Dimplex Americas and its dealers and service agents are also not responsible for:
IN NO EVENT WILL GLEN DIMPLEX AMERICAS, OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO THE PURCHASER OR ANY THIRD PARTY. WHETHER IN CONTRACT, IN TORT, OR ON ANY OTHER BASIS, FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL LOSS, COST, OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE, MAINTENANCE, USE, OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, EVEN IF GLEN DIMPLEX AMERICAS OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OR AGENTS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES, COSTS OR DAMAGES, OR IF SUCH LOSSES, COSTS, OR DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT WILL GLEN DIMPLEX AMERICAS, OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT LOSSES, COSTS, OR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO THE PURCHASER.
How State and Provincial law apply
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The provisions of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the Sale of Goods shall not apply to this limited warranty or the sale of products covered by this limited warranty.
Technical and troubleshooting support, as well as a list of replacement parts can be found on: www.faberfire.com/customer_support or 1-888-346-7539